Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Primary school in Uzice /Serbia/ - my graduate design


Ground floor plan

Section 2-2


Section 1-1

Entrance view

This was the design I did for my graduation. It was done for actual location in Uzice - Serbia and on a land that is planned for it by authorities. The challenge was to make modern and functional shaped space in difficult natural conditions - small land proportions and height difference between first and the last point of the property.

I used those difficulties for advantages - putting the gymnastic hall partly in the ground but still providing natural source of light and fresh air for it. Flat roof of the hall is used like a terrace for the dinning and partly for an outside activities.
The school is friendly for kids with disabilities (ramps provide them to enter every corner of the school).
The roof (profile facade) is shaped to 'fit in' the terrain.
The professors was intrigued by my design (although they needed the time to catch up all the levels inside :)) and I got the highest degree.

0 коментара:

Post a Comment